The Swan Levine House plays significantly into the history of Nevada County. It was built in 1867 by John and Catherine Fahey, who were partners in the Alison Ranch Mine. They sold it to William Campbell, a local merchant who made his fortune selling mining equipment. Campbell remodeled the house in 1895 after a fire to its present Queen Anne style. After his death, the house was acquired by brothers, Doctors Carl and John Jones, they opened it as a hospital and named it after their father, Dr. W.C. Jones.
https://gonevadacounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/sawn_levine_house.jpg 500 500 mc2design /wp-content/uploads/2016/05/gonevada_logo_grey.png mc2design2016-05-24 21:46:352016-06-10 21:54:13Swan Levine House