The first wooden building on this site dates to the early 1850s but was destroyed by fire. Today’s Owl Tavern is made up of two structures, built in 1857 and 1862. It became a saloon in 1883. The name “Owl” is derived from the days when local gold mines ran 24 hours a day.
http://gonevadacounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/the-owl-grill-saloon.jpg 500 500 mc2design /wp-content/uploads/2016/05/gonevada_logo_grey.png mc2design2016-05-26 21:33:582016-06-14 17:41:02The Owl Grill & Saloon