The Grass Valley Museum was an orphange in Gold Rush times, established by Father William Dalton, pastor of St. Patrick’s Church, in 1865. It was built on the grounds of Mt. St. Mary’s convent by the community to care for children orphaned by mining accidents. Five Sisters of Mercy from Ireland expanded the orphanage to include a school.
http://gonevadacounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GrassValley_museum.jpg 500 500 mc2design /wp-content/uploads/2016/05/gonevada_logo_grey.png mc2design2016-05-23 21:11:182016-06-03 20:40:39Grass Valley Museum