On Memorial Day Weekend, May 23-27, 2019, Strawberry Music Festival will once again bring top-notch entertainment to the beautiful Nevada County Fairgrounds. Single day and evening, as well as 2-, 3-, and 4-Day camping tickets are available for the 69th Strawberry in their 38th year.
THE WOOD BROTHERS, MARTY STUART & HIS FABULOUS SUPERLATIVES, RICHARD THOMPSON ELECTRIC TRIO, PETER ROWAN’S FREE MEXICAN AIRFORCE WITH LOS TEXMANAIACS, DELLA MAE, THE CALIFORNIA HONEYDROPS, DUSTBOWL REVIVAL, MARLEY’S GHOST, LAURIE LEWIS & NINA GERBER, DAVID MYLES, MOLLY TUTTLE BAND, THE TESKEY BROTHERS, CHERYL WHEELER, WE BANJO 3, SUGARCANE JANE, HAWKTAIL, RON ARTIS II, SCOTT LAW & ROSS JAMES’ COSMIC TWANG, CHE APALACHE, NATHAN IGNACIO, SONGCATCHING HAZEL: A TRIBUTE TO HAZEL DICKENS FT ELI WEST & ISMAY & PAPER WINGS, CRYING UNCLE BLUEGRASS BAND, THE RISKY BISCUITS, THE BROTHERS STRONG, HANNAH JANE KILE, THE BANANA SLUG STRING BAND, STORYTELLER B.Z. SMITH, AND MANY MORE…
NEW THIS YEAR
For the first time in Strawberry’s long history, there will be three late night Amy’s Orchid Lounge shows. The new Thursday night show will require a special ticket (tune in to Hog Ranch Radio to hear the show live!), and all proceeds will go to support Music Rising and Mr. Holland’s Opus…International nonprofits that support music programs where natural disasters have occurred including hard hit fire damaged areas of California.
Strawberry is always striving to earn our customers on-going patronage by continually improving our family friendly format. This year, there are new entertainment opportunities and improved programs. Let’s start with the Breakfast Club! One of Strawberry’s great traditions is the dining hall breakfast, accompanied by Hog Ranch Radio’s “Sing For Your Breakfast.” Strawberry’s nonprofit partner, Rock In Road, is helping to return this program to its full glory. Additionally, Wednesday arrivals will be able to enjoy The Brothers Strong, at the Big Bear stage at 7PM! The band will perform there again on Thursday afternoon to warm everyone up as we make our arrivals on to the Music Meadow. Also new this spring, Strawberry’s incredible family programs, and Play stage entertainment, have migrated to the Forest Amphitheater. This will be an enchanted location for stories, songs, activities, and lifetime memories.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Over 20 nationally renowned and up-and-coming acts on the Main Stage
- Side stage performances by Main Stage performers
- A variety of audience performance opportunities include “Band Scramble” and the “Breakfast Club”
- Plus open mic for kids and teens
- And three full days of children’s activities and performances as well as special programming for teens
- Music, dance, yoga, nature, photography and art workshops
- Shopping options include a variety of delicious cuisine, artisanal wares, plus instruments, accessory & repair
- Late night at Amy’s Orchid Lounge
- Food for the soul, the “Revival“ is special Sunday morning programming in beautiful forest setting
- Broadcasting the sounds of Strawberry, “Hog Ranch Radio” is free-form radio for the people
- Legendary camp jam culture
- Smiles, laughing and fun and “The Strawberry Way” is kindness and consideration for others
TICKETS, CAMPING, AND MORE INFORMATION
The Spring Festival takes place in a beautiful park-like setting, on nearly 100 acres of conifer forest. The Nevada County Fairgrounds is easy to get to, easy to get around, and offers lots of great camping space for groups of any size. Camping is made comfortable by gentle terrain and amenities including access to potable water, permanent restroom, and shower facilities. With a variety of activities for the whole family, Strawberry Music Festival is the perfect holiday weekend getaway.
Single Day and Evening tickets, as well as 2-, 3-, and 4-Day Camping tickets are available online HERE
Lineup information can be found HERE
General information and fun facts are available HERE
For more information call our office M-F, 9-5 at (209) 984-8630
Children under 7 are free.
Content and photos submitted by Al O’Brien