The Nevada County Fairgrounds, the Food Bank of Nevada County, Foothill Lions, Nevada County 2-1-1, NEO, Story Club, Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition (DVSAC) and BloodSource are teaming up on August 1 for Community Involvement Day – a day to donate items to nonprofit organizations, while also receiving free tickets to the Fair. These organizations will be set-up at the Fairgrounds Gate 1 main parking lot on Monday, August 1, from 1 – 6 pm, to receive donations of any of the items listed below.
Those who donate items to the Food Bank of Nevada County, Foothill Lions, NEO, Story Club, DVSAC, and Nevada County 2-1-1 will receive a coupon to redeem for one free admission ticket with the purchase of one Fair admission ticket. That’s two for the price of one!
- Food Bank of Nevada County: Donate four cans of food. Visit their website for information.
- Foothill Lions: Donate an old hearing aid or old prescription eye glasses.
- Nevada County 2-1-1: Donate new backpacks, new lunch boxes, and new school supplies. Get more information here.
- NEO: Donate paper, paint supplies, sharpies, general craft supplies, ping pong and foosball supplies, yoga mats, and music equipment. Visit their website for information.
- Story Club: Donate two new or slightly used children’s books, including chapter books for teens.
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalition (DVSAC): Gift cards for groceries, clothing, gas; bus passes, toddler diapers and pull ups; adult and children’s socks; cleaning supplies and laundry detergent; and hair or nail salon gift certificates. Visit their website for information.
- BloodSource: For a free admission ticket to the Fair, make a blood donation at the BloodSource bloodmobile located in the Gate 1 parking lot at the Nevada County Fairgrounds. For information and eligibility about blood donation, visit their website.
Feel free to donate to any one organization or all of them! To receive your coupons or free tickets, all donations must be brought to the Gate 1 parking lot at the Fairgrounds on August 1 between 1- 6 p.m.
Coupons (buy one, get one free) received for donations must be redeemed during presale dates, which take place until August 9. Presale discounted tickets will be available for purchase on Community Involvement Day at Guest Services, Gate 1.
This year’s Fair is August 10 – 14. Visit NevadaCountyFair.com for more information or call the Fair Office at (530) 273-6217.